Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Unsuspected

Yesterday and today were full of unsuspected joys and sorrows. We found out that we were expecting only to lose the pregnancy the very next moment (or so it seemed to me). While we are all okay health wise, our spirits are a bit bruised. I am thankful to my Mom who was so helpful and sympathetic in all my emotional herky-jerky and for Jay who despite feeling useless came home from work to be with me anyway. I am in general a private sufferer, but I have met with some moments of reflection through this ordeal that I wish to share.

The first is how wonderful is the miracle of life and creation. With all mans scientific and intellectual advances there is nothing that touches the wonders of our Heavenly Father's wisdom and power.

The second is how wonderfully brave and awesome I find my friends and family who have lived through this trial before me...some with even greater sorrow than my own. You lift me up!

Lastly I marvel at the preciousness of being a woman and a daughter of God. Many who are close to me know that I will be first in line when it comes to complaining about the joys of womanhood (really I mean really does it have to come every month?!), but I am truely grateful to be a mother and to experience the joys of my darling children as they come into the world, grow, learn, and love. I am glad I can comprehend the loss I have had, and comforted to know that all is not lost.

3 comments:

Amber said...

Imagine a big hug from me.... and some chocolate, or whatever your poisen.

Liz said...

I'm so sorry to hear what you are going through. A big hug from me too!

OUR HOUSE said...

Love ya:) That's all.