Thursday, August 12, 2010

What's going on

And I say Hey yah Hey yah......Okay you know you joined in right?! Four Non- Blondes..too funny.

Anyway here is what is going on with us since we've moved to Augusta Georgia:

Missy, Elliott, Joshua and Beth in the car from San Angelo Texas to Augusta Georgia

Typical hotel scene. Jump on the beds and watch cartoons while Mom gets the luggage.

1. We moved in with my parents temporarily. Mom and Dad were very excited about the move here and are glad for the pounding of little elephant feet all over their house. They set us up with two areas....a living/playroom and a bedroom. We have more space than we would at a hotel, and we don't have to worry about breaking a lease agreement once we are able to move on base, which will hopefully happen within a few months.

Count them...five beds in one room.

Our family room

2. We enrolled the kids into school and they started their first day on the 9th of August. Beth missed the cut again and is on a wait list for Pre-K...darn that mid September birthday. Michael is in 8th grade, Elliott in 3rd, and Joshua in 1st. I arrived in Augusta before we had military orders and before Jay was able to inprocess. The kids needed screenings and vaccinations before they could register. So I went to the health department and came out three hundred dollars poorer. I hope tricare will reimburse the cost.

3. Jay finally got military orders and joined us out here. We have locked our stuff up in storage keeping out only the essentials....of course that means my Stampin' Up supplies. :) I even am working on a project here for our new house. See my stamping blog ldsstampgrl.blogspot.com to check out my new project. We are slowly getting in-processed. Jay still doesn't know what he is gonna be doing here.

4. Michael turned 13! I am officially the parent of a teenager! His birthday was the first day of school. We celebrated the day with family. Michael wanted a Dunkin Doughnut Munchkin Cake. So I bought 50 munchkins and piled them high on a plate.


5. We visited the county library and the park behind. Okay San Angelo Friends, don't be jealous. Look below at the park right behind the library. I also read a great book called Pearl of China. It is a historical fiction piece about Pearl Buck...author of The Good Earth.

Splash park behind the library

Beth hamming it up for the camera





The lower playground and walking trail and pond. There are more pavillions to the right in the shade.


A paviliion and the upper playground and the swings. The parking lot is behind the playground and the HUGE library is to the right.

Overall the transition has been successful. We are all safe and healthy. I had a huge acne breakout while taking the steriods for the Bells Palsy that is slowly starting to heal (hence no pictures of me), but thankfully no extremem Asthma reactions to the new enviroment. We do miss our friends back in and from San Angelo VERY, VERY much. We are visiting Canada next week and in September we are taking a trip to Florida. Planning for those trips has also taken up some of our time. We are trying to remain possitive while we each adjust and make new friends. Some of us are better at it then others.

3 comments:

aflescarb.blogspot.com said...

Way fun...I am loving the parks that are by my house. Moving has some benefits.

OUR HOUSE said...

With the very first picture, my eyes about popped out of my head. Beth looks so much older! And I am totally diggin' your bangs - hot;)

Aubrey Norby said...

Glad to see that you are adjusting well! That IS impressive to get 5 beds in one room! I hope that you can get into more spacious and less temporary accomodations soon. What is taking you to Canada and Florida? Sounds interesting. Are you driving to Canada? That sounds long! Your San Angelo friends miss you too!