Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Really Cool

Can you guess what this unaltered picture is?








So Michael wanted a scooter for Christmas. I love that those things that I wanted at the same age are still awesome, although changed. The scooter I had had small bicyclelish tires and a wide foot board. It had bicycle brakes. Michael's scooter has roller blade wheels, a skinny foot board, and a foot brake for the back wheel.

So what is really cool about this scooter? It shoots sparks when you apply the back brake. Michael had me out the other night to watch him shoot sparks. I decided to take pictures and a short video of him. The picture at the top of this post is of him shooting the sparks from his scooter. Something about the shutter speed caught the sparks, but Michael and the scooter appear to have vanished, reminiscent of another neat thing from my childhood, the Back to the Future movie.


Here is the other photo and the video. hope you all enjoy! (And yes I will be investing in elbow and knee pads for this scooter riding. He gets going a lot faster than I imagined he would.)


No comments: