- Jay at work: It seems that the military community has a plethora of Air Force Master Seargents and they have no idea where to place them. Jay is now at his fourth office and is in training for another position. It seems he is in each position long enough to write all the past due epr's and then is told it's time to change offices again. I think we'd get offended if it was only Jay, but it seems that several of our senior enlisted friends are having the same issues.
- Missy at home: It is getting dull here day in and day out at the house. I can only read so many books. Hobbys aren't that interesting right now either, although I did play my trumpet in the Stake Jazz Band for the Christmas program. So I follow the routine and dream of the day when I am the one that works and Jay stays home. I'd get full time work now, but the Josh has two weekly appointments that we cannot cancel just because I am bored at home. I have been trying to go back to school, but there isn't anything close that has a Master's in History. So I decided to put in to be a substitute teacher. It will be interesting to see where that leads. In the meantime there is my work for the Relief Socety and plenty of dog-walking.
- Michael....oh, Michael..... Michael decided that he'd try out living with his dad. The state has a law that allows for this, as long as the dad is not into drugs, kiddie porn, or a felon. So I lost the legal battle against him and his Dad. He also decided to try failing the ninth grade. I don't know what is going on with him. All of this has made it hard at home and on our relationship. The custody switch happens over the Christmas holidays and I hope that Michael will be happy with his choice and that he will do better in school, but I am not usually known for my optimism where my ex is concerned. Michael also recently finished a science project where he and Jay build a hover craft.
- Elliott is doing fine at school and took up the violin this school year. He does really well with it and can rock out a mean jungle bells or jolly good king wenecelas. He is still in scouts but is getting bored with it. He'd rather play outside in the neighborhood. Elliott is also tumor free. For the longest time the Dr.'s thought he had a tumor on his pituitary gland causing the short stature. But after a new MRI there is no tumor. So now he is just short because of genetics. Elliott is also becoming a "serious draw-er". Elliott and Jay just finished a "how do Batteries work" science project. Elliott will be getting braces in January.
- Joshua "Josh" is also doing well in school despite our concerns here at home (we have some disagreements with his teacher). He still struggles with speech and writing, as well as the intermittent pain in his hip. For all of that he attends speech and occupational and physical therapy two days a week. He is also involved in scouting and is eager to earn some badges. Josh has made lots of friends, although Beth is still his "BFF."
- Beth is still cute and sassy as ever. Everyone loves her and her wit. She has put all the puzzle pieces together and is now an excellent reader and speller. She often helps Joshua and Elliott spell words. She loves to run and play outside. She is also really into the Brady Bunch episodes we watch from netflix. It is neat to see the way her mind works as she digests and figures out the plot of the story or what makes a joke funny. She is always singing a song. This year she is excited to play a shepherd in the primary Christmas pagent.
Jay and Michael testing the weight a hovercraft can hold
My sister Julie and he son Alex who came for a visit
Beth at Steed's Dairy
Josh at Steeds Dairy
Elliott on the zip line
Josh on the zip line
Beth on the zip line
Elliott's science project
3 comments:
1. American Military University has a Master's program for History, and it's entirely online so you can do it from anywhere!
2. I'm sorry you're having such struggles with Michael right now. ((hugs))
3. Sounds like things are going well for you guys, overall! YAY! We miss your family. ((more hugs))
I don't think online school and I would agree.
Someday I'd like to get my Masters too (not anytime soon though), and I'll definitely want to attend a school, rather than do it online - one online degree is enough for me;) I'm sorry to hear about Michael. Hopefully he'll be able to work out his problems and realize how lucky he is to have you! And I'm sorry to hear that Georgia hasn't been what you were hoping it would be. We've got 9 months left here, and we're counting down the days with anticipation.
Post a Comment