I sent this email to Jay today and he thought it would make a good blog post.
"It wasn't funny at the moment, but I though you could use a laugh.
So....I went for a jog with Echo this morning. It was cold out so I thought I would break in my new track suit, one that I purchased for substitute gym teaching, and finish one of my audiobooks. With my MP3 player in one pocket of the track suit coat and my cell phone in the other, I started out down towards Soil Erosion Lake, a man made pond in the woods by our house. I didn't even make it to the lake jogging....Ugh I am so out of shape and the cold air was attacking my asthma. I decide to take the road towards Boardman Pond (where the generals live) planning on cutting through the woods to the other road that would take me to the triangle (an area that meets several other trails, think of it as a version of "Five Points"). Did you know that a stream passes through those woods? I should have guessed.
So I get through the first part of the woods to the stream. I find a log to walk across and am in the middle of the log when it breaks and I fall in up to my left knee in freezing cold water, we've had a lot of rain lately....Track suit broke in: check. I managed to hurt my left ankle in the fall. So now I am limping to the other side to get to the triangle road. I get my headphone caught up in the branches I am wading through. They pull out and I have to pause to adjust. It is then I realise that my cell phone is not in my pocket anymore. I have to back track to the place I nearly broke my leg because I am sure the phone fell in the stream, not easy to do because I am not following a trail, I am wading through the brush. I eventually find the scene of the accident and stare intently into the depths of the stream. Of coarse it is a deep portion...I can see fish, big ones. I don't see my phone and knowing now how deep it is I don't want to "fish" for my phone. I decide to just head back home, all the while wondering if my phone could have fallen out during the run or if it is lost forever.
I think to myself as I make my way up the hill, I didn't really like that phone anyway and I should have some sort of replacement insurance on it. I walk and walk and think while I listen to the story. I think about the new phone I am going to get....Something with a touch screen. My ankle is doing well since the soaking sock I am wearing acts as a cold compress. At the end of the walk, almost at the begining of "my run", I find my phone lying in the dirt. Am I pleased or dissappointed?
I think I learned a valuable lesson in all of this: GOING FOR A JOG IS BAD! "
3 comments:
Oh my gosh, I laughed so hard at this post!!!.....and then I felt a little sad, because I miss you;)
I miss you too!
Dang! I was hoping you were going to get an iPhone... Sounds like you need to go on another jog!
I hope your ankle is feeling better! I miss you! I can't wait til you come visit!!!
Post a Comment