A mom and her blog. Set up for family and friends who want to know what kind've crazy we are up to these days!
Tuesday, April 16, 2013
Spring Break Part One
As many of you may know here in Augusta Georgia our Spring Break coexists with a little thing called the Masters Golf Tournament. It is a time here when all the sane people get the heck out of town and seek refuge elsewhere. This year our refuge was in Winter Haven Florida. Our particular interest in this locale was that is where my Aunt and Grandmother live. It was so nice to see both my Gurney and Kay. We had dinner with them twice. Kind've bummed I didn't get any pictures of the kids with Gurney. We don't get many opportunities to see her.
We rented a home for a week. This is the second time we rented a home and I totally recommend it for anyone who has a family of our size. We had the whole house to spread out in and it was much more pleasurable than being on top of each other in a hotel room. We had three bedrooms and bathrooms to our disposal, a full kitchen, a yard to play in. It was very nice! The weather was beautiful, maybe a little cool for the pool on the day we went (lots of blue lips), but that didn't stop the fun. I am glad it wasn't too hot or humid as Florida typically is. We also missed all the spring breakers so we virtually had the are to ourselves with no crowds or long lines.
The other appeal to this location is the proximity of my sister Julie, her husband Tony and their little boy, my nephew Alex. My other Sister Laney and her two boys Cade and Phoenix were also there visiting. We had a great day together. I love my sister time!
We also went to LEGOLAND and the beach. I don't have any beach pictures either. I didn't want to bring the camera to the beach to get all sandy and yucky. I'm gonna have to get better at the pictures though, really. Despite not having "proof," we had so much fun with the kids at the beach. We went to Sand Key beach in Clearwater Florida. The kids collected shells, played in the surf, and were each buried at least once in the sand. The beach had soft white sand and you could see into the water. The kids were impressed that they could go out so far because of a sandbar. I found a hermit crab and we analyzed it before returning it to the see. Below you will see the pics from family day and in the next post it will be all about LEGOLAND.
I spied these two out the back glass doors having a cute little moment together. Josh and Beth are the best of friends. I am so grateful Beth has such a compassionate big brother and I am grateful that Josh has a patient little sister.
Cade and Elliott cuddling on the couch with a movie while Alex drops in for a photo bomb!
You know its a relaxing day when the games and puzzles come out. Here Jules and Bethany attempt a puzzle together.
Tony watching and entertaining the kids
Cuteness!
A rare toothy grin. He hates his braces so most photos won't show them. Josh is growing up so fast! He reminds me a little of Michael at this age.
ITS COLD!!!!!
Laney and Pheeny at the pool. All the Momma's were having their cycles so we couldn't swim, but we waded in with the babies.
Jay took one for team parents and swam in the cold pool with the big kids.
Elliott looking as weird as ever swimming with those goggles.
No comments:
Post a Comment