Wednesday, April 2, 2014

Garden update

Still no wheat straw bales. I am trying in containers and it just isn't going so well. I blame my busy schedule and the cooler March we've had. Hopefully the warm temps that have already shown themselves this month will be salvation to my poor little garden. Most of the plants have sprouted and are almost ready to thin.I quickly am realizing this is my last year for a garden of this scale. Next year I don't know what I will do as we have to get the yard re-seeded before we move.

Waiting to see if the strawberries will come back as good as last year.

This broccoli I am a little worried about. Hope it can hold on.

Jenny an me go together like peas and carrots. Time to thin the carrots.

Popeye's favorite!

Cabbage is in the same boat with the broccoli. Hope it will be okay.

Lettuce to thin and celery waiting to grow. This is my first time with celery.

New wood container a neighbor gave me for more garden veggies....corn this year?

Baby tomatoes


Basil, and some more baby tomatoes and artichokes. Still waiting for the artichokes to catch up to the other plants

Finished weekend project planters. Flowers love them!

Got three of these beauties a couple of weekends ago. So pretty.



Onions green or yellow I forgot which so I made a guess.


Last of the blueberries bushes. Lots of flowers though.

No comments: