Monday, December 8, 2008

Why I Don't Dust

Alright here's a post that will have everyone laughing.

I don't like to dust. It's such a senseless chore...especially here in San Angelo, TX where the dust lives everywhere. You dust one thing and before you can turn around, it needs dusting again. Dusting is also a boring chore. Further, I am allergic to dust. I have seasonal allergies and asthma, so dusting does not make me feel better.

However, it needs to be done...especially if your mom is visiting. So, since I don't like to dust, and seeing as it is bad for my overall health...mental because it is boring, and physical because of the asthma....I set Jay to the task. He very efficiently dusted almost the whole house. But he was still one room short and had to go run some errands. I was feeling the time crunch...Mom will be here in four hours....so I decided to help.

First I dusted the fur covering off of the furniture in Beth's room, then the corners of the room where the dust likes to hang down like spider webs...you know what I am talking about. Then I attacked the furry beast hanging from the ceiling. The ceiling fan. I was making great progress up on the kitchen stool (a feat in and of itself considering my vertigo) when all of the sudden.....(see pictures below)






Without any warning the one arm of the fan snapped right off. It must have been on the verge of breaking anyway (think if it had been fanning when it broke). (BTW Jullie I know your are thinking of your appliances at the apartment and I swear I am not jinxed!) Now that I have confessed my boo-boo on the blog, my next step is to tell Jay he needs to take another trip down to the hardware store. Hmmm maybe some super glue will do the trick?! ;P

3 comments:

LaurieSue said...

So the moral of the story is. . .Don't Dust! Right?
At least, that's the moral I'm going to come away with. :)

Missy said...

Hahahaha! Either that or to let your husband finish teh job you assigned him to do.

OUR HOUSE said...

I'm sorry to admit it, but I love dusting with swiffer dusters, especially the ceiling fans. Not that I'm offering to come and dust your house...but I'm just sayin'.