Rapunzel's Revenge by Shannon HaleMy review
rating: 3 of 5 stars
I thought this was a fun and clever story. I liked that my kids were finally interested in something I read. However, I don't really enjoy graphic novels. I think I found the descriptions of the authors and the illustrator more amusing than the story itself.
View all my reviews.
Hood by Stephen R. LawheadMy review
rating: 4 of 5 stars
This book may start off as against the grain for most of us who envision Robin Hood in Nottingham and during the reign of King Richard during the Crusades. However, the idea that the legend of Robin Hood came from much earlier times intriqued me. As a historian I loved how my knowledge of the Norman conquest of England came into play here and enjoyed the story of the rise of Robin Hood. Can't wait to read the next book!
View all my reviews.
The Percy Jackson and the Olympians Set by Rick RiordanMy review
rating: 4 of 5 stars
I love this new series by Rick Riordan. Michael read this too and we loved the audio books for the first tow books and can't wait to check out the next two. I like these so much I went out and bought them.
So what did I like? I liked the believability of the characters. I liked how the story about the Olympians fit into today's world. I liked Riordan's descriptions. I loved how my knowledge of Greek Mythology helped me have a deeper understanding.
The whole series is tantilizing for anyone who loves coming to age hero stories.
View all my reviews.
1 comment:
My boys and I have been enjoying the Percy Jackson books too. I love finding things they enjoy reading.
Post a Comment