Friday, October 23, 2009

Looking Ahead

Not much has happened since my last update so I thought I'd let you all know what we are going to be doing in the next few weeks or so in order to keep certain friends and family from complaining about the lapse in my blog posting. (Just kidding..you know I love you all!)

First is my visit to Mississippi to see my sister Julie, my brother-in-law Tony and their new Baby Alexander Roy Greenwood. He was so excited for his baby shower that he decided to show up two months early. So I am headed out to see him in the NICU, and to attend the baby shower (and to drop-off some toys and goodies I've been saving for my sister's kids). While I am gone, Jay gets to be the stay at home parent for three days. He is excited for the time away from work...he doesn't get much of that lately. He also gets to be the parent during our church's Trunk-R-Treat. Have fun honey! :D

Next is a re-focus on fixing up the house. I don't have anymore weeks of teaching in our Joy School co-op, so now I can have ongoing projects lying around without having to worry about busy fingers checking out the power tools. I need to paint the kitchen, living room, dining room, and my bedroom. We need to finish the cabinets and doors of the other rooms we have already painted. I need to replace the vent over the stove and the kitchen sink. I need to decide what to do about the kitchen cabinets...paint or not and the living room carpet. Questions that may be put to the Realtor. We also need to replace the floor in our bathroom. (In my original un-edited post I wrote that last sentence twice...think it bothers me much?!) Then I have work to do outside...painting trim and cleaning out landscaping beds and getting rid of broken backyard toys. Once that mission is completed then the house will go up for sale...with or without orders!

We also have some doctor appointments for Elliott in our future. His pediatrician is worried about his height and weight dropping form the 7% to the 1%. We did a whole bunch of lab work two weeks ago and now we are just waiting for results. She wants to send us to an Endocrinologist so we are planning a trip to Lubbock because there isn't one here in San Angelo.

Finally we are looking forward to the holidays. Jay and are already listening to Christmas music. I love the messages of joy and peace and the excitement of family and feasting all in remembrance of the gift our Father in Heaven and Jesus Christ gave to us all. I also love the cooler weather. We drew names this year and the kids are excited to shop for each other. Jay and I were hoping it would help them feel more of the Christmas spirit rather than the "Christmas I Gotta Haves." We'll see how it works out.

Many people have asked us about orders. Jay and I are frustrated that we don't know when and where we will be headed despite many applications for assignments. Jay is ready to move on to the next challenge and so am I. The kids are ready to change schools. The kids are ready to have a dog..."Not until we move," isn't happening fast enough. We've decide to press ahead like we already have orders to move. We are worried about selling the house or getting the orders with the built in unaccompanied TDY which leaves me holding the bag of having to sell the house or getting all the required passports and moving arrangements made. It may be that the Air Force will need us to stay here longer than we anticipated, but we are going with the scout slogan and arranging to "Be Prepared" no matter what happens with our living locale.

So far that is all that we have planned in with the normal routine of ballet lessons, speech therapy, doctor and dentist appointments, church,scouts, school, work, and household errands. I think we need more excitement don't you? Now that you know what we will be up to in the next few weeks you can think of us and be glad you aren't the Haderlie's or just hav e agood laugh at our expense! ;D

1 comment:

OUR HOUSE said...

Reading that post was almost as good as a workout:) Makes me wish I was there to help out in any way I could. I hope you guys get your house sold at the "perfect" time, and I hope that you get orders for the "perfect" time, and I hope that everything else works out "perfectly".....whatever that means.