The other day Echo and I were out jogging down to the lake near our home. When we got down to the road at the lake I let her off leash so she could play in the lake. But before we got to the lake a truck drove up the access road. He stopped told the dog "hi". Echo jumped up on the side of the truck to greet the driver back. He yelled at her to get off which she did. I called her back to me, apologized to the driver. He said it was okay and that was why he went 25mph on the roads. We both went our seperate ways. A few minutes later he came up behind me in the truck. I admit I was scared as I was alone and he had a friend (they were both soldiers). He told me my dog scratched his car and he needed my information because there is a leash law on post. I had a flight or fight response and told him that was too bad but he should expect things like that when he drives in the woods and that the area was commonly used for off-leash dogs to run. He said he was calling the cops. I looked at the "scratches" which were just dirt marks and maybe a slight bit where his wax job came off and felt this man was totally over reacting. The dirt marks wiped right off. He asked me if I knew how much he was paying for the truck to which I replied I didn't care. But I waited for over 1 hour for the cops to come, mostly to here them tell him he was a big baby and ask him why he was driving his truck in the woods if it was too expensive to get a mark on it. But they didn't come. He decided to call again and the cops said we would have to go in and file a civil report which we both did. Now the insurance company has contacted me and I told them where they could get the info about the incident. So here are the pics...what would you do? The police didn't site or fine me with anything and laughed and agreed that we were in the woods.
| Lake road where we jog notice the reaching out branches. |
| Claw marks that wiped off his car. They didn't damage the metal and his friend crouched down there said it might have gone through the top coat.....with her claws? They are not made out of razors dude! To me a good wash and wax would fix it fine. |
| Another example of roads in wood where we jog...notice the branches over the roads. I mean if you were to see this would you drive down them if you had an expensive new truck? |
3 comments:
I think he's being absolutely ridiculous and you should fight it. You know he's just going to take the insurance check, buff the car himself and have the mark go away instantly, and use it fora quick buck in is pocket. I also think you should carry some pepper spray on your jog, because who knows what kind of creep now knows your route and personal info.
YOU ARE MY HERO!!! I'm not sure what I would have done, but I am so proud of you for holding your own with that......hmmmm, I'd better keep this G rated. People like that make me so mad. Way to go!
Geez Louise! I'm so happy that nothing worse happened. That's a really scary situation. I think you need to jog with some pepper spray....or an AK47 (just in case). Hopefully whiny butt got over it and the judge or ins. company will tell him to get a dose of reality! Keep us posted.
Post a Comment